The benefits of Microsoft Teams (and an exciting announcement!)
Tectonic shifts are happening in the business productivity space, and as they reshape how work gets done, Microsoft Teams is emerging at the forefront. So, what is Microsoft Teams? And how can you take your Microsoft Teams skills and integration to the next level? (HINT: We can help! Read to the end for an exciting announcement.)
You've no doubt heard the buzz. In the wake of social distancing directives and lockdowns, Microsoft Teams has gained traction—in a big way. Why? The platform allows for ease of collaboration and teamwork, even when team members can't be working in physical proximity. And its functionality can augment or even replace existing tools.
Of course, Microsoft Teams includes a chat function for those quick, but necessary exchanges we need to make throughout the day. But the platform provides much more—and likely includes features and benefits you have yet to explore, even if you adopted the platform early on. Let's dive in.
Capabilities of Microsoft Teams
We discussed some of the many features of Microsoft Teams on our E.O. Johnson blog recently. Here's a brief recap.
- seamless conversation—channels provide conversation boards for group discussion
- real-time chat
- Online conferencing, calls, meetings and video capability beyond other platforms—including note taking, scheduling and even the ability to replace your current phone system.
- Document storage—a SharePoint document library allows for access as well as security controls.
- Integration with apps and workflows
Benefits of Microsoft Teams
Features are great—but benefits are where it's at. How, exactly will Microsoft Teams help your organization and your work, personally?
- You can stay connected to others and your resources. With Teams, you'll be able to easily access all of the tools and documents you need, while also staying connected to coworkers with chat, channels and meetings—at the click of a button. Bottom line: wherever you're working from, you're always able to step into a fully-functioning virtual office.
- You can eliminate unnecessary emails and the resulting inbox overflow. If your inbox has taken on a life of its own, you're most certainly not alone. With Microsoft Teams, structured conversation helps address issues while bypassing email. Those reply all emails? A thing of the past.
- You can collaborate more clearly and easily. Because Microsoft Teams integrates with Office 365, you no longer need to switch from app to app to get work done. Instead, you can create documents, spreadsheets and slide decks within Teams, so everyone can work on the project together.
- Follow up is simplified. Meetings have lots of moving parts. But when meeting within Microsoft Teams, you can easily share files and agendas, track notes and do-outs, even chat about particulars in a dedicated space before the meeting begins. Afterward, you can easily review a meeting recording, as needed.
Mastering Microsoft Teams
Whether you are considering Microsoft Teams for your work environment, or you've already started the process, we can help. This collaborative team platform has functionality that goes far beyond what many users are leveraging—meaning there's so much more you can do to streamline communication and collaboration in your organization. We want to help you make the most of this innovative platform, so we are thrilled to announce the launch of a dedicated learning series devoted to this topic.
With our Certified Microsoft Teams consultants at the helm, we're launching: Mastering Microsoft Teams, a learning series from beginning to expert. Stay tuned, in the coming weeks we'll share a series of brief videos that showcase the capabilities of Microsoft Teams and how you can further integrate this platform into your business processes for greater productivity and efficiency. At just a few minutes a shot, you can learn how to truly take advantage of all of the benefits of Microsoft Teams.
Ready to get started today? Looking for information about "What is Microsoft Teams?" Contact our Certified Microsoft Teams consultants directly for more information.
Essential Tools for the Future of Remote Work: A Comprehensive Guide July 31, 2020 In "Cyber Security" "Security Tips" "Scanning" "Document Security" "Microsoft Teams" ,
Microsoft applications and platforms: which is best for you? July 23, 2020 In "Microsoft Teams" ,
Microsoft Teams Project Management: Getting Started July 17, 2020 In "Microsoft Teams" ,